[MPlayer-users] Re: ASF audio file unreadable

Yan Morin yansanmo at iquebec.com
Tue Apr 13 19:01:47 CEST 2004

Paul TT wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:46:01 +0000 (UTC)
>adland <adland123 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>>Is there a reason why I can't read/stream this ASF file with mplayer
>>>(cvs-compiled)
>>>mplayer -verbose 1 -nocache
>>>http://ms.bandeapart.fm/bap/albums/973/6573_h_07-Patience.asf
>>>

>>wget http://ms.bandeapart.fm/bap/albums/973/6573_h_07-Patience.asf
>>
>>we see this is a playlist (a file which refers to another source).
>>you would think about using the -playlist option.
>>
>>However the server in playlist is 192.168.XXX.XX
>>which is odd.
>>

>yes, it's not odd, it's terribly wrong
>how are you supposed to reach a LAN address from the internet?!?!?!?!?!?

>Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
>réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit!   http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m

Like he said before, you can have the good file, if you change the
user-agent.
wget -U NSPlayer
http://ms.bandeapart.fm/bap/albums/973/6573_h_07-Patience.asf
doesn't return the same file that
wget http://ms.bandeapart.fm/bap/albums/973/6573_h_07-Patience.asf

I just want to know why I'm able to read it with media player and not
mplayer.
Is it because the file format use an unknown algorithm?

I can play half of these playlist files and I have to manually skip the
others:
http://yansanmo.no-ip.org:8080/test/sound/mkpl.php?no=7

--
Yan Morin