[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer && video && (at || cron)

Jason Stechschulte stech at ypisco.com
Tue Apr 13 14:56:52 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:36:10AM +0000, adland wrote:
> Jason Stechschulte wrote:
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> would this command xhost help with this?
> xhost - server access control program for X

Yep that was it.  I just needed to allow connections using xhost.  So
now I can use cron to schedule mplayer, but I'm still having issues with
at.  It doesn't appear to be giving me any error messages.  It just
tried to open the movie in a window and then it dies.  Maybe I need to
set another environment variable or two when using at?  I may just have
to deal with cron since I can't even get just sound to work when using
at.

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech at ypisco.com

It is Fortune, not Wisdom, that rules man's life.