[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 54

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Tue Apr 13 13:12:01 CEST 2004

Hi there.
I'm having the same problem with some source, DVD, VOB files, and I was
given at last a good explanation, that is that libavcodec does not use more
bits that it needs, most of the time I cannot encode a video in two 2CD,
cause at the end, it uses the bitrate it wants, I'm using xvid that seems to
do what I want, if I say a bitrate of 1800 it uses 1800 and not 900.

Bye.