[MPlayer-users] Perceived bug - monitoraspect + Xinerama

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon Apr 12 22:03:50 CEST 2004

I have encountered what I perceive as a bug in the monitoraspect configuration with regards to xinerama.

Basically, since upgrading my mplayer to a version which supports this monitor aspect, if I run it without any aspect
paramaters, it enlarges the width of the video output by 2x. I have determined, after some experimenting, that this is because of
my xinerama.

I have worked around the problem by setting monitoraspect = 8:4 in my /etc/mplayer.conf, but to me, I think mplayer should be able
to read the xinerama config and determine this beforehand. After all, it is already respecting xinerama for things like fullscreen.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org