[MPlayer-users] possible bug with -vf

Philippe Anctil z77y16 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:35:55 CEST 2004

Hello list,

I have input.avi I would like to rescale from 720:320 to 352:-3. The quality
of the video is acceptable, but no more. I don't have the original source of
this video. Can I rescale without recompressing? I thought so and tried:

mencoder input.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -vf scale=320:-3 -frames 100 -o
output.avi

-vf didn't get applied. -vf appears to work only if -ovc is _not_ copy. Ex,
my input was rescaled when I specified -ovc mpeg1video. Why?

I am fighting with myself over the question whether it is a bug or not? If
not, then how can I rescale my video without compressing it again?

Thanks!