[MPlayer-users] MEncoder Vobsub Rendering

Łukasz "frogu" Proszek l_j_p at wp.pl
Wed Apr 7 23:31:10 CEST 2004

W liście z śro, 07-04-2004, godz. 18:14, The Wanderer pisze:
> Thomas Christensen wrote:
>
> > Hi mplayer-users
> >
> > I am encoding avi files with vobsub subtitles to SVCD, and I was
> > wondering if it is possible to render the vobsub subtitle onto the
> > SVCD?
>
> Assuming you mean "burn the subtitles into the video", it should be just
> as possible as doing the same with any other kind of subtitle MPlayer
> can show on a file while playing it.
>
> Speaking of which, *is* this possible? Long-past mailing list discussion
> seems to indicate it, and there is a vague hint in the man page that it
> is, but nothing I have seen explains *how* to do it. My best guess is to
> simply specify the subtitle file when encoding, but I've never heard
> either a confirmation that this works or a report that it doesn't (and I
> don't have a video/subtitle-file pair to test for myself right now).

> It if *is* possible, perhaps a description (however minimal) of how
> should be added to the documentation. If it isn't, then that should
> definitely be mentioned somewhere, given how many times this sort of
> question has been asked (and how little attention it's gotten from
> anyone other than me).

did this today morning with this commandline

mencoder -ovc lavc -oac copy -sub wynik3.srt -utf8 -font
~/.fonts/ALAMAKOT.TTF -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-blur 3
-subfont-text-scale 4  -subpos 90 lord_of_the_net.avi

--
...:FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC :http://frogu.emdej.com:...
..::GG: 1015221 .:::. JID: frogu at jabber.atman.pl::..