[MPlayer-users] Problem - need to un-install Mplayer

info at dorseygraphics.com info at dorseygraphics.com
Wed Apr 7 19:35:45 CEST 2004

Hello

   I am using Mplayer with MythTV for video playback. It appears that my
Mplayer was broken during installation. When I was installing, the
terminal died right at the end of the installation. I tried to install
it again and I got a message that I am already using the latest version
of Mplayer.

   Now, Mplayer will not play DVDs or MPEG video.  I just get a black
screen.

   Now, MythTV and a number of other apps are dependent on Mplayer. If I
remove it, Linux also wants to remove these other apps.

   How do I un-install Mplayer and replace it?

Thanks - need help badly. New to Linux.