[MPlayer-users] 2 pass xvid encoding with mencoder

" Vladimir " volod_0x16 at mail.ru
Wed Apr 7 16:56:49 CEST 2004

Hello,
I've tried to encode my video with latest xvid (1.0.0-rc4) using 2 pass method.
First pass passed w/o problems, but the second one produced video file w/o video, but there was sound.
I've met this problem on privious xvid rc-s (rc3, rc2).
I've been encoding with something like this:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidecnopts pass=1 input.avi -o /dev/null
mencoder -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidecnopts pass=2 input.avi -o out.avi

I'm not sure about commands correctness as I'm typing 'em from my mind. (I've been encoding yesterday).
I've tried several xvid options, but failed.
Other methods (not 2 pass) and other codecs (eg divx) are OK.
Is that mencoder's bug, xvid's or mine?

I've searched a lot about this problem and 2 pass encoding... nothing :-(

Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Bilyov    Linux user# 231519