[MPlayer-users] xvid

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Sat Apr 3 13:26:28 CEST 2004

Hi there.

Well, it  seems that xvid uses more bits than libavc, good, I use
bitrate=1600 and ended up using 1400, compared to libavc with a vbitrate of
1800 and just used 950,  anyway, that' was not what I wanted, I wanted a
1.4G file and  not a 1200, anyway, I'l increase the audio bitrate anyway to
increase the file size to fit in the CD, because it seems that quality
cannot be inproved much more than that. I tried scaling from 512x384 and up
to 720xXXX, but the same result.

But after all, with xvid I improved a bit more the quality, the weird thing
is that  with some DVD I can use whatever bitrate I want and end up with a
3GB file size if I want, so..

Bytes.