[MPlayer-users] play only first 30 seconds of a song

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Sat Apr 3 12:16:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to convert only the first 30 seconds of a
song from .mp3 to .wav.  To convert the whole song I use:

$ mplayer song.mp3 -really-quiet -oac pcm -vc null -vo null

which produces audiodump.wav very nicely.

However the following gives me an error:

$ mplayer song.mp3 -endpos 30 -really-quiet -oac pcm -vc null -vo null
Unknown option on the command line: endpos

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!
Dick

P.S.  I am actually trying to get the first 30 seconds of the .mp3 back
      into .mp3 format.  If there is a better way to do this I would
      appreciate any suggestions.