[MPlayer-users] Re: Does radeon_vid.so support Radeon 9600XT cards?

Nyk Tarr nyk at giantx.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 23:28:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:27:41PM +0200, Sebastian Kaps wrote:
> Hi Vladimir!
>
> SK> | [radeon] Found chip: Unknown chip
> SK> | [radeon] Driver was forced. Was found unknown chip
> SK> | [radeon] Assuming it as Radeon1
>
> > It looks like your problem is here - driver assumes that you have R1 and
> > works different - I don't know if it is true or not, but it should be
> > fixed anyway.
>
> I applied Nyk Tarr's patch and not everything works:
> ,----
> | [radeon] Found chip: Radeon RV360 AR [Radeon 9600 XT]
> `----
>
> > This can be done easily. Send me (or to this list) your "/sbin/lspci -v"
> > output and the exact name of your card.
>
> lspci shows "Radeon RV3*5*0 AR" as the chip's name :-?

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/iii/?i=1002 gives the chip as RV350, but I
have read the core is new, and not related to the core of the 9600 (the
real RV350), see http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/ frex.

In any case, it's just a name, vidix will just treat it as a RV350 which
is probably why not everything works.

Sorry, I'm not really a programmer, so can't help much more...

hth

nyk
--
/__