[MPlayer-users] mencoder "-of mpeg" switch results in no audio(0.92-3.2)

ixnei ixnei at attbi.com
Thu Apr 1 12:19:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to convert some 320x240 mpegs I have into VCD format, so I
can put some home movies onto CDs.  I can use the following script, and
it works just fine:

mencoder -vop scale=352:240 -o output.mpg -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:preset=224 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=1150:aspect=1.3333 input.mpg

However, it results in an AVI, which is not compatible with vcdimager.
 If I add the "-of mpeg" switch, it produces an mpeg file, but the sound
track just has a pop at the beginning, then dead air.  If I used "-oac
copy", no sound channel is even detected/created in the mpeg file.

If I do not use the "-of" switch, either "-oac" switch tested above
works just fine (but I get an AVI file).  Am I doing something wrong?
 Is this something known about, that is fixed in the 1.0pre series (I
see this "-of" switch is BETA for this version)?

Thx!