[MPlayer-users] vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!

Kalin Mintchev kalin at el.net
Tue Sep 30 10:21:08 CEST 2003

so...  i still need to solve the problem of the freezed image...

since i'm trying to get the mplayer working on freeBSD on T20 ibm laptop
i figured out that the video card is an 3s Savage IX8 with 8mg sgram. the
latter setting is correct in my config for the mplayer.

at some point i got the messages about the laptop being to slow. it's
PIII 750. i don't consider that to be too slow..... i have xv enabled by
default in the config. in the docs it says i have to check the mtrr
registers but there isn't any mtrr registers in my proc - it's empty...

do i need a special savage driver for this card on my laptop to be able to
actually use mplayer for video. if that's the case where can i get it?!

thanks...