[MPlayer-users] help with this

Monah baki mbaki at whywire.com
Tue Sep 30 07:48:12 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I have a system 500mhz/512mb ram with a trident blade generic running
gentoo linux 1.4

I installed mplayer-1.0-pre1 and mplayerplug-0.80. If I were to issue
from the command line mplayer -vo x11 underworld.mov, I can see the
movie no problem.
If I omit the "-vo x11", I get a bluish background, no movie.
If I were to go to www.apple.com/quicktime using mozilla to view the
trailer online, I get a bluish background.

Is there a way to have mplayer by default run in "-vo x11" hopefully I
can view my trailers using the browser instead of downloading it and
issuing the "-vo x11".

Thank you.