[MPlayer-users] [BUG] New LotR:RotK trailer crashes

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Sep 29 22:06:11 CEST 2003

Peter Nelson wrote:
> I just got the new, high-quality, trailer for RotK and causes mplayer to
> crash quite badly.You can get the trailer (at good speed) from here:
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~dcheng/rotk_trailer_480x280.mov

Ooh, excellent. :) Thanks.

This would appear to be a bug with the ffmpeg svq3 decoder. You may want
to forward your email to ffmpeg-devel at lists.sourceforge.net (and
subscribe to that list if you want).

Meanwhile, if you just want to watch the trailer, you can install the
quicktime binary codecs and use mplayer -vfm qtvideo.

-Corey