[MPlayer-users] BUG: Lockup when seeking in MPEG transport streams

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 27 06:47:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've just found an annoying bug that causes mplayer to freeze when seeking
through the MPEG transport streams produced by my DVB card.  It means that
mplayer locks up nearly every time I try to skip a commercial break.  When it
locks up, I can quit by pressing Ctrl+C, which gives the messages:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: enable_cache

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: decode_video

It doesn't appear to lock up however, if I use the -nocache option.  Has any
work been done on this recently?  (i.e. would it make a difference upgrading
to the latest CVS?)  My mplayer version is "dev-CVS-030826-14:46-3.2.2".

Thanks,
Adam.