[MPlayer-users] Playing mencoder's recorded AVI's onwindowsmedia player: AUDIO DESYNC

HR haavroed at online.no
Fri Sep 26 14:42:26 CEST 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Andre Bruce
[...]
> > as winamp is far better in their earlier versions -
> zoomplayer 2.70 and
> > winamp 2.78 are my preferred choices). I also suspect
[...]
> Gonna try using zoom player! But i  though it  didnt have to
> do with the
> player, but  with the  installed codecs?!?
I found a reference addressing this issue in the virtualdubmod FAQ;

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/?page=irclog

which discusses in detail why vbr in AVI is a less-than-great idea. vbr
is, ofcourse, a superb idea. Just maybe not in AVI if one's concerned
with compatibility. I guess the time for abandoning the AVI entirely is
close... is matroska getting wide-spread, would you ppl recommend that
over the avi container? (stupid question, propably...)

HR