[MPlayer-users] Re: status of the rtsp support NOVIRUS

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Fri Sep 26 12:45:05 CEST 2003

Hi Ross,

I checked out the latest mplayer code, and compiled it with the latest
live.com snapshot... I see your change, but it unfortunately does not
fix the problem that I am seeing:
when receiving an MP2 or MP4 a/v stream, mplayer stops as soon as the
first RTCP packet arrives.

I can try to have a look at the source to understand why your fix is not
enough (from a first wild guess, it seems that there is a problem in the
live.com library: a source says that it is synchronized, but the packets
arriving from it are not syncronized... Is it possible that there is
some buffering in some of the live.com classes, and we are receiving
packets buffered before the arrival of the SR packet?).
However, since it seems that I am the only one having this problem
(and since I already have my "dirty fix" that works ok ;-), I don't know
if it is worth spending time in debugging it...

If you think that it is important to better understand this issue, let
me know and I'll try to do more debugging.

                                Luca

ps. I know that this thread is becoming irrelevant to this ml, but I
tried to post on the "live-devel" mailing list
(<http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/live-devel>), and it seems
that its moderator does not like me... :(
I also tried to post on mplayer-dev-eng, but I am still waiting for the
list moderator approval...

                               N O    W A R ! ! !

Sponsor:
Vieni a visitare il Garden Center Peraga. Seimila metri quadrati di esposizione per servire una clientela competente ed esigente.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1480&d=26-9