[MPlayer-users] can I dump a section of audio from a divx file directly into a wav file?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 08:25:01 CEST 2003

Nathan Morell wrote:

> can I dump a section of audio from a divx file directly into a wav
> file?
>
> just trying to save some time, but basically I want to get a quote
> from a file I have in Divx format, without too much of a problem

I was going to say "RTFM", but I suppose this isn't specifically in
there - though its components are.

You can use MPlayer, -ao pcm to produce the WAV file, -ss to get to the
place you want to start, and ^C when you've gotten it all. I've done
this a few times in the past, without difficulty - though it may be
necessary to clip the ends of the resulting file to get rid of a small
amount of extraneous data.

--
       The Wanderer