[MPlayer-users] Streaming over the worst connection. GPRS

Eddie EddieS at softhome.net
Thu Sep 25 09:21:38 CEST 2003

Hello

Short question. Can I make MPlayer try harder when streaming online radio over a slow connection?

Long question.  I don't like the selection of radio stations when I make weekly long trips in the car. And I get tired of what
is on my MP3 player.   I have a Nokia phone with BT and T-Mobile unlimited internet.  What I do is make a GPRS
connection through the phone with my Zaurus PDA, then use MPlayer to stream music to my car radio. (33k or 24k
stream) This works well at home, but driving around the siginal goes in and out.  I have a 1MB cache, but after 5 to 15
minutes something happens and MPlayer stops.  I have to Ctrl-C MPlayer and restart it.  It's like if MPlayer looses the
connection, it just hangs and won't retry.
Can I somehow make it try to connect again or recover from a dropped connection?

Thanks
Eddie