[MPlayer-users] Re: Displaying while mencode'ing?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Sep 24 01:07:53 CEST 2003

Matthew W. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 06:13:40PM +0200, Timo Nentwig wrote:
>
>>Can I somehow display what mencoding is encoding while it is encoding?
>

> Way too much of a CPU hit in my experience.  But if you insist, yes, you
> *can* go to a separate prompt and 'mplayer <options>
> partialencodedfile.avi'

A better solution would be a video filter that displayed the frames like
transcode has. If you want to monitor the progress, you can run mplayer
as Matthew Miller suggested. You will need to use the "-idx" option to
be able to seek. It doesn't waste too many cycles for me, since I run
mplayer, see how it's doing, then exit immediately.

Jonathan Rogers