[MPlayer-users] /dev/fb0 no such device

Felix Cuello felix at anubis.qodiga.com
Tue Sep 23 14:01:26 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 10:04:58AM +0200, armin.gerritsen at philips.com wrote:
> - either /dev/fb0 simply doesn't exist. In that case, a
> mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0
> as root often helps.

I do that [I readed this in a thread]

> cat /proc/devices
anubis:~# cat /proc/devices
Character devices:
 [...]
 14 sound
 29 fb
 [...]

> and see if a device with major number 29 is present.
Framebuffer is here :-\

If I load the fb module [I think that tdfxfb is the correct module],
only can see movies in console, because at X my system CRASHES.

[Do you know what is the correct fb module for this video card]
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee
(rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA]) Subsystem: Diamond Multimedia Systems Monster Fusion AGP

My linux distribution is Debian/unstable.

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Félix

--
Félix Cuello
felix at qodiga.com
--
martin at bdsi.com (no longer valid - where are you now, Martin?)
	-- from /usr/src/linux/drivers/cdrom/mcd.c