[MPlayer-users] Uncompressed y411

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Mon Sep 22 12:05:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Alberto Perez wrote:

>mplayer. The set of frames are initially stored in a file in their raw
>format( e.g. YUV(4:1:1) 640x480 @ 30 fps /format 0 mode 2). The frames in
>the file are subsequently packaged in an .avi file. The codec seeded in

>matching selected -vo and video format 0x31313459. How do I get mplayer to
>display .avi files with this format? Thanks, Al

You must first find out if mplayer supports that format at all. If not,
writing a converter shouldn't be too hard...anyway, it's very possible
mplayer already supports that format but uses some other fourcc for that.

If that is so, just go under the correct fourcc in codecs.conf file and
add line "fourcc Y411 XXXX" where XXXX is the fourcc that mplayer
recognizes.