[MPlayer-users] Editing out commercials

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sun Sep 21 21:22:06 CEST 2003

Hey folks-

How do y'all edit out commercials after you've recorded a TV show?
There are some shows I'd like to save for a while, on CD... but I hate
wasting ~25% of the CD on commercials... I could up the bitrate if I
could cut out commercials.

Going through the show the first time and picking the points where the
commercials lie isn't a problem.  Just grab the number of seconds from
the start, where the commercials start and end isn't a problem.

But has anybody come up with an easy automated way to then cut out those
sections from the divx file?

I did google about a bit and didn't find much except some discussion
about different methods of autmagically identifying and cutting out
commercials... but I don't want to trust something to do the
identification for me.  :-)

Thanks!

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.