[MPlayer-users] Re: trouble converting ppm to mpeg - repost

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Sep 18 18:40:34 CEST 2003

Lawrence M./ Lifshitz wrote:
> As you see near the end of my initial post, I have tried the -mf
> option; it didn't make any difference.  You can also see at the
> beginning of the mencoder output the exact version of mencoder I'm
> using (and I'm on RedHat 9.0 if that makes any difference).  What
> follows is the exact output from when I use the -mf option

I'm sorry I missed that one line. However, you didn't provide output
from your "-mf" command at first and you didn't read the manual
carefully enough. It gives this example:

mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc divx4

You neglected to specify "on" to the "-mf" option and you didn't escape
the "*" to keep the shell from expanding it. When I try this example, I
get a segfault, but the options seem to be correct. See what you get.

Jonathan Rogers