[MPlayer-users] Re: Green Screen: tv and bt848

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Sep 17 11:48:17 CEST 2003

Slavo Fabian wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to record a video from BT878. I am able to record tv video
> using xavtv, but no using mencoder. I have tryied nearly everything with
> no result. Could you send me your configuration for mencoder?

Attached is a command line I've used. Of course, there are many parts of
it that are specific to my setup, so you'll undoubtedly have to change
some things. I'm recording mono sound from my second ALSA card and
composite video from my Powercolor MTV878. I'm not entirely satisfied
with this config, especially in light of Richard's insights. You might
just want to start from his config.

My example also suffers from very high bitrate since it's doing lossless
encoding. I want this because I'll encode to MPEG-4 later in two passes.
The main problem with this is that the AVI gets too big after about ten
minutes. I may switch to a tool that can write a better container format.

Jonathan Rogers