[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphic card for MPlayer

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Tue Sep 16 09:24:44 CEST 2003

The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> writes:

> Um... I compile my NVidia drivers myself, from source they provide. I
> think there are some sort of legal restrictions involving what you can
> do if you look at the source code, which means you can't actually do
> much with it without getting yourself in trouble, but they aren't
> provided as binaries.

Have you ever looked at the sources? There is a big binary-only object
file, which is linked to some open-source-wrapper which fits into
your running kernel.

This is better than providing ready-compiled modules, which do not
fit into any kernel than the one they were compiled against, but it
is not "open source" as i understand it ;-)
 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de