[MPlayer-users] Problem Sample Uploaded

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 15 07:51:23 CEST 2003

In the "incomming" directory on the FTP site, you will find
TSAM-45s-DVD.avi, and TSAM-45s-DVD.txt.  This is a sample file from
"There's Something About Mary: Special Edition".  It shows two bugs in
MEncoder 1-pre1.  First, when encoded to lavc-mpeg4, it shows a great
deal of distortion; specifically, a smudging of the picture.  As the
focus moves one direction, the smudged-lines trail, going the other
direction.  I've tested at bitrates up to 1500.

Secondly, when testing this file (I output from the DVD), Mencoder
crashes trying to (re)encode it, even though mplayer is able to play it
back fine.

A bit more info is available in the text file accompanying the sample.