[MPlayer-users] question about 'mencoder'

miyagi miyagi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 23:02:13 CEST 2003

Hi, recently I encoded an avi file, using mpeg4 codecs. I used
'mencoder' that came with mplayer. The process of encoding seemed to
work out well, however, when I actually try to play that newly encoded
file, I have got the error messages that:

   Try to upgrade /home/carl/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x6F4E7246.

I tried to upgrade /home/carl/.mplayer/codecs.conf by the following command:

   cd MPlayer-0.90
   cp etc/codecs.conf /home/carl/.mplayer/codecs.conf

Then I again tried to play that file, using mplayer. However I have got
the very same message that I have got previously.
  Could anybody tell me what I can do?
Thank you very much and have a good day.