[MPlayer-users] Re: I tried everything

mslama at email.cz mslama at email.cz
Wed Sep 10 23:14:36 CEST 2003

> I did everything to install a mplayer but I have failed. Can someone
> waste enough time to show me step by step how please? I am just getting
> starting on linux and still stupid. I already downloaded the packages
> and every time I try to install I get errors.

Do you have gcc installed? (compiler). As you unzip sources there is file INSTALL
read it!! There you find everything you need.

Shortly. Run:
'./configure'
'make'
and 'make install' as root.

gcc 3.3.1 is proved to work and make 3.80 Not previous 3.7.9.Use mplayer pre sources from download section. (It contains libavcodec.)

If it does not work you must provide us with error message you get. Otherwise there
is no help :(.

Good luck.

Marek