[MPlayer-users] SuSE 8.2 and installation from source

Brdja [Mladen Petrovic] brdja at galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu
Wed Sep 10 10:49:25 CEST 2003

  I have SuSE 8.2 and also have problems with installing MPlayer [0.90
and 0.91 (never tried older versions)] from source. $./configure goes
well, but$make dont:( It stops with error message like this:

---[start of error message]---
make[1]: *** [ve_divx4.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brdja/tmp/MPlayer-0.90/libmpcodecs'
make: *** [libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a] Error 2
---[end of error message]--

  Did anyone installed MPlayer from suorce on SuSE? If do, tell me how
:)

  That crippled version of MPlayer that comes with my distro is simply
unuseful :( I know, there are rpms from packman and other packers, but I
dont know if those packages have LIRC support enabled. I simply need to
--enable-lirc ;)

  Sorry for my bad english. I hope that you can understand my problem,
and, hopefully, help me to install current and future releases of
MPlayer.

--
                      ..:: Brdja [Mladen Petrovic] ::..
       ..:: E-mail: brdja at galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu :: ICQ: 62397112 ::..