[MPlayer-users] [ws] shared memeory extension error.

defeatscythe at softhome.net defeatscythe at softhome.net
Tue Sep 9 14:16:45 CEST 2003

Hello World!

I just need a help with Mplayer 0.91(and higher) !
When i start gmplayer from the KDE xterm, it tells me: "[ws] shared memory
extension error". And if i start mplayer with flags , it tells me in
console:

X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
 - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
 It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
 version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
DOCS/bugreports.html
 and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
 this information when reporting a possible bug.

The OS is Linux Gentoo rc6 , kernel 2.4.20. The driver is standard nvidia
driver  comes with linux!
I tried to recompile a kernel and change video driver many times , but it
did gave any results!

Any ideas ?

Thank You!

Best Regards!