[MPlayer-users] compress audio dynamic range

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Mon Sep 8 19:52:18 CEST 2003

On Monday 08 September 2003 20:07, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> JK>> If this is impossible with mplayer, which tool can I use?
> JK>-aop list=volnorm
> JK>
> JK>have you tried it? or something like that, can't really remember the
> JK>syntax, check FTM. :)
>
> That's good, but I can't set amount of effect I need with it. And I
> thought that -aop is obsolete...
Well.. I seem to remember something like that too. However I haven't got -af
in my manual (latest pre1 iirc).

If you are using mplayer from sources you could play around with the source
code of that libao2/pl_volnorm.c. First create file .developer into the
source root and play around :) Changing AVG to 2? Might not have any effect.
At least the code looks more complex :) I don't understand it well enough to
change or add something.

-rzei