[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90 and Matrox Millenium II

Felip drfelip at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 8 13:10:08 CEST 2003

 --- "zimon at iki.fi" <zimon at niksula.hut.fi> escribió: > [Automatic
answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 12:05:39AM +0200, Felip wrote:
> > > Put this line into your /etc/modules.conf
> > > alias fbdev matroxfb_base
> > > Then do:
> > > $ depmod -a; modprobe fbdev
> >
> > OK, I did, but I get:
> >
> > modprobe: Can't locate module fbdev
>
> Not too much information there to "compute", yet
> Hmm..are you sure you have the modules?
>
> The output of these following commands should give enough information
> why
> it does not work: (note the quatation marks are ` not ' )
>
> # script
> # ls -l /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/video/matrox
> # grep matrox /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep
> # lspci | grep -i Matrox
> # grep -A 5 -B 2 mga /etc/X11/XF86Config
> # grep fbdev /etc/modules.conf
> # modprobe -v fbdev
> # dmesg | tail
> # exit
>
> (if you used the "script" command, the file "typescript" will have
> the log of
> that stdout+stderr output the other commands made)

Thanks a lot, I'll try. I'm afraid I'm disturbing you too much. Is
there any general information about modules that I can read? I don't
really know anything about how modules work! Maybe I could give more
useful info if I knew more...

Or maybe I should try another distro. Vector Linux worked well, but I
thought that Libranet would be easier :>(

=====
Francisco Felipe Legaz "Felip"
Visita: http://www.novenadimensio.net i http://pagina.de/Felip

"Arrakis ensenya l'actitud del coltell: aixo s'acaba perque ho tall AQUI"