[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen to windowed switching became slow after updating to 1.0pre1

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Sun Sep 7 17:26:52 CEST 2003

MPlayer package from http://marillat.free.fr . XFree86 4.2.1.1, tdfx
(voodoo3). 1280x960, 24bit. This did not change.

I was previously using 0.9-rc-something, and I upgraded to 1.0pre1.

After this, switching from fullscreen mode to windowed mode has become
very slow. The video freezes a brief moment before switching to windowed
mode (synchronization is maintained though). This same behaviour happens
when switching from a workspace (Window Maker) with a fullscreen MPlayer
window to another (blank one).

The behaviour applies both to XV and X11 video output.