[MPlayer-users] taking a screenshot of a video while playing it

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Sep 5 16:25:31 CEST 2003

I'm going out on a limb here since you didn't give us any real useable info, but I bet you're using the Xv output, which would have this effect.  Try using the -vo x11 or sdl and see how it works.  I may be wrong on sdl, it might not work either, but I'm pretty sure this is the reason.

/S. Smith

> I'm trying to take screenshots of videos while they are playing.
>
> The problem I'm having is that when I'm only playing 1 video, the screen shot of the video shows only
> blue where the video is. But, when I'm playing multiple videos, every video BUT the first one I start
> shows the video.
>
> I'm using graphicsmagick (gm import), and I've also tried knapshot (part of KDE). I'm running
> XFree86-4.3 on linux-2.4 on an i686
>
> The odd thing is that when I use knsapshot, instead of showing a blue box in place of the video, it shows
> a transparent box that is filled with whatever is under the knsapshot window.
PS. This is here for a reason...