[MPlayer-users] Playing raw audio with video

Peter Nelson rufus at rufus.d2g.com
Wed Sep 3 23:14:25 CEST 2003

I have a raw AC3 audio stream that I would like to play as the audio for
an avi. (Releaser released an anime with the dub instead of jap audio
but then the raw AC3 jap audio by itself when he was told his mistake).
Anyway, I can play the AC3 file just fine using:

mplayer -rawaudio on:format=0x2000 Metropolis.ac3

however when I try to do something like:

mplayer -rawaudio on:format=0x2000 -audio-demuxer 20 -audiofile
Metropolis.ac3 Metropolis.avi

It loads the AC3 codec but then says "Video: no video" and doesn't play
anything at all.  If I try just:

mplayer -audio-demuxer 20 -audiofile Metropolis.ac3 Metropolis.avi

It plays static because it loads the audio file as PCM and finally if I try:

mplayer -audiofile Metropolis.ac3 Metropolis.avi

I get "Encrypted stream" errors.  Any hints?

-Peter