[MPlayer-users] making a .VOB

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Mon Sep 1 23:14:11 CEST 2003

Yes, you need this patch
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-July/019755.html

to dump the raw video stream (otherwise it's interleaved with size indicators).

An example:

mplayer -dumpraw -dumpvideo -dumpfile film.m2v film.avi

This command will give you the Mpeg[1/2] video stream, that you can multiplex with a MP2 or AC3 audio stream with mplex
(part of mjpegtools), and use dvdauthor to build the DVD iso image.