[MPlayer-users] Seek to frame for mencoder

HR haavroed at online.no
Mon Sep 1 21:44:10 CEST 2003

> I've been pretty happy with the Linux vstrip port at
> http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/sf/v/vidtoolports
>
> The resulting files are always playable by 3 different
> clients, and it's very fast.

I too was satisfied with vstrip while using windogs, but fail to see
what vstrip offers on linux when we have mencoder/mplayer or what
relevance it has to my questions. In what way does vstrip facilitate VOB
(MPEG-PS/MPEG2) frame seeking? Other than that it parses the stream, as
does MPlayer, there's nothing of much interest there?

HR