[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90 and Matrox Millenium II

Felip drfelip at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 1 10:24:04 CEST 2003

I've got a problem! I posted it to the Matrox-Users without answer. So
I'm addressing to you to ask for help.

I recently installed Libranet 2.7 (XFree86 version: 4.2.0) on an old
computer with a Matrox Millenium II card (PCI, 4 MB). I tried compiling
Mplayer 0.90 from source, but when I try playing movies, no image is
displayed. I think it's a problem with the output devices, because
after doing ./configure, the last part of the message is:

   Byte order: Little Endian
   Optimizing for: i586 mmx

   Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: streaming tv-v4l edl tv mpdvdkit2 vcd
     Codecs: qtx libavcodec xanim dshow/dmo win32
     Audio output: oss mpegpes(file)
     Video output: vesa png mpegpes(file) fbdev
   Disabled optional drivers:
     Input: tv-bsdbt848 cdda dvdnav dvdread dvdcss smb
     Codecs: opendivx xvid libdv real libvorbis libmad liblzo gif
     Audio output: sgi sun alsa esd arts dxr2 nas win32 sdl
     Video output: xvidix bl zr dxr3 dxr2 directx sdl gif89a jpeg svga
 aa ggi xmga mga opengl dga xv x11 directfb tdfxfb 3dfx

It looks like no useful output drivers are installed: no svga, no xv,
no x11... What can I do to play movies? In the past, the same computer
had Vector Linux 3.2 (XFree86 version 4.2.1) and it compiled right.

Thanks in advance!

=====
Francisco Felipe Legaz "Felip"
Visita: http://www.novenadimensio.net i http://pagina.de/Felip

"Arrakis ensenya l'actitud del coltell: aixo s'acaba perque ho tall AQUI"