[MPlayer-users] controlling MPlayer size and position

Matt Ficken mattficken at mail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:16:59 CEST 2003

But then how is the aspect ratio of the video maintained?

For example:

mplayer -geometry 1024x768+0+0 -screenw 1024 -screenh 768 -vo xv video.mpg

is able to set the size and position, but -screenw & -screenh have to be there for it to work for me. Unfortunely setting both the width & height will break the aspect ratio of some videos. Isn't there a way that I can give mplayer a width and have it figure out the corresponding height to maintain the aspect ratio?