[MPlayer-users] Mplayer GUI blanking on starting a new clip

Paul Hilton vze22fpi at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 20:48:32 CET 2003

I am finding that the xwindow Video Pane is blanking upon starting a new
clip from the playlist unless
something causes a redraw.
For example if I fullscreen the video pane and have the mplayer gui control
pane on top of the video, the
next clip that plays has the control pane hidden, and the next one gives a
blank screen (black). Any action
which causes a redraw returns the video to the pane and the process starts
again.
Is there any option I am failing to set which is causing this problem?
I am using Red Hat 9, Mplayer 1.0pre2, NVidia's driver, the problem is the
same in Gnome or KDE, it doesn't
make any difference what codec is used.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Paul Hilton