[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and Windows

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Oct 26 11:59:34 CET 2003

> Sascha Sommer wrote:
>
> >Mplayer, has a version for Windows ?
> >Yes. Read the DOCS for more info.
> >A binary can be found at
>
>http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/mplayer-mingw32-dev-CVS
-
> >031013.zip
> >
> >Sascha
> >

> Thank You for your answer !
>
> Please tell me: what codecs are neccessary to use ?
> The codecs from /usr/lib/win32 are OK  in windows
> mplayer version ?
> If aren't, which codecs I can put in Windows ?
> And Where (directories, in windows)

Normally you won't need any special codecs. You may want to
install the Quicktime Player or copy the libs from the mplayer homepage
to your windows system dir to play a few trailers that use the QDM2 audio
codec. You can also put the real win32 codecs into the
codecs/ subdir of the mplayer installation if you don't have Real Player
installed.
The win32 codecs are probably not needed because mplayer can use the
codecs delivered with windows.

Sascha

P.S. I'm subscribed. No need to cc