[MPlayer-users] strange xv fullscreen behaviour with nv driver

Christian Lederer christianlederer at t-online.de
Sat Oct 25 13:51:59 CEST 2003

I have to use the nv driver for my nvidia card on my laptop, because the
binary nvidia driver
does not work with centrino processors.
This nv driver support xv output, but i have to use ugly workarounds in
order to use hw scaling:
1. hw scaling works fine for windowed mplayer, when i resize the mplayer
window.
2. When i want to use xv hw scaling in fullscreen mode, i first have to
start some other application,
which grabs the xv port (e.g. MPlayer with a dummy video), and start
MPlayer with the video i want to watch. Then also hw scaling works fine.
xv hw scaling in fullscreen mode does not work, if MPlayer can grab the
xv port 61.