[MPlayer-users] libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.

joe user palehaole at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 09:07:28 CEST 2003

Hello Mplayers,

I have compiled the latest Mplayer 1rc2 on my Redhat 9
system, and whenever I try to play a DVD, it fails
with this message:

libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.

I have looked around with Google to find out about
this, and some posts suggest that it is a firmware
problem with my HP 300C DVD driver (came built-in to
the Pavilion a250n).  Others suggest that this is some
problem with Redhat or the kernel (I'm using the
standard Redhat kernel).  Does anyone have some
suggestions of how to approach this?

I looked around on the HP site and I couldn't find any
firmware upgrades for the drive, but I'm not sure if
that's it.  Or maybe this is just a bad DVD that I'm
trying to test on?

Thanks for any pointers.