[MPlayer-users] How to suppress background noise

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Fri Oct 24 09:19:33 CEST 2003

Hi!

can't it be possible that the audio level is simply adjusted too loud?

It can also be possible that he connected Line-out of the TV card to
microphone-in instead of Line-in? (A microphone gives much less signal than a
VHS tape recorder, so the signal will be too strong in this case.)

In the case that the audio is fed into the tuner card and then bridged from
there to the Line-in with an external stereo cable (this is what my WinTV
requires), he can also try to plug the Tape recorder's Audio-Out directly into
the soundcard's line-in.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |