[MPlayer-users] Problematic Telecined Material

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 24 01:37:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:01:51PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 October 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:22:16AM -0500, Angel wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > > I've uploaded a sample of captured video per Rich's request where the inverse
> > > telecine filters do not work correctly. It's in the incoming directory and
> > > the file name is angel.avi.
> >
> > I've looked at the file and I think it's clear that the problem is the
> > extremely low quality. It might be possible to remove enough noise
> > for inverse telecine to work, but I wasn't able to find any
> > combination of filters that would do the job yet.
>
> While we're on the subject, could you please look at my sample of horribly
> broken DVD material (Requiem_DVD_itvc_ineffective.mpeg) and tell me if
> anything can be done to fix it (see the mails I exchanged with A'rpi on
> this at mplayer-advusers). Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm not on -advusers. Maybe I'll subscribe sometime... I'll
take a look, but from the archives, it sounds like Arpi is right and
some horrible framerate conversion process (pal->ntsc?) was applied
that ruined the video... Perhaps there's some way to identify the bad
fields and just throw them away, though...

Rich