[MPlayer-users] Re: Problematic Telecined Material

Angel angel at knight-industries.com
Thu Oct 23 21:20:11 CEST 2003

Rich wrote:

> I've looked at the file and I think it's clear that the problem is the
> extremely low quality. It might be possible to remove enough noise
> for inverse telecine to work, but I wasn't able to find any
> combination of filters that would do the job yet.

I agree the noise is the problem because I've encoded dvds that were hard
telecined and detc worked just fine. However, I've encoded that same video I
uploaded inside a winblows virtual machine using virtualdub and the decomb
plugin for avisynth and it did a nearly perfect job of removing the
telecining. So it seems that its at least possible to detect the telecine
pattern through the noise. I have confidence in you Rich... I'm sure you'll
have it working in no time : ).

-Angel