[MPlayer-users] Updated manual for mencoder?

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Thu Oct 23 13:27:52 CEST 2003

Rainer Hantsch wrote:
>Denoise3d does not seem to be inside the normal man pages.

Which version are you using?  It's been in there for the last few
releases for me.  I get the following entry anyway:

  denoise3d[=luma:chroma:time]
    This filter aims to reduce image noise producing smooth images and
    making still images really still (This should enhance
    compressibility.).  It can be given from 0 to 3 parameters.  If
    you omit a parameter, a reasonable value will be inferred.
       luma spatial luma strength (default = 4)
       chroma
            spatial chroma strength (default = 3)
       time temporal strength (default = 6)

>I would recommend to separate mplayer and mencoder man pages from
>each other.

As a few other people have said, most of the options are shared and I
agree that splitting them out would cause too much unnecessary work.
At the sake of being slightly anal; you have got access to the source,
so you could create individual man pages yourself.

>Is there some documentation available which goes into depth?

There seem to be a very reasonable amount of documentation included
with the source, have a look in DOCS/en/encoding.html.

>PostScript or PDF files are highly prefered because they print much
>nicer than HTML-pages.

I've found that html2ps does a reasonable job of converting HTML into
something a little more palatable for printing out.

Hope that helps,
  Sam