[MPlayer-users] How do u get total time?

petri.kanerva at surfeu.fi petri.kanerva at surfeu.fi
Thu Oct 23 08:19:26 CEST 2003

> Btw, I have not found any java based libraries that will allow me to get
>  total time of mp3, I have tried javazoom, but it does not take in to
> account VBR files. Currently i am using Mp3Info, but I would like to use
>  just one external app, because these are native programs and not java.
> I  am reading from a stream, in linux. too btw

There is a java lib that gets you all info from MP3s including ID3v1 & v2.
Can't remember the name now, and not at home, but I'll mail it later
today.

And there might be similar libs in java for ogg and vid-files too. Search
from freshmeat with the words java and the format. And if that fails, get
the specs and write it yourself, if you have time and skill.

But I'll get the name of the java package sometime in the next 12 hours.

 Petri